Please join the Lutheran Church of the Cross team for the 32nd Hunger Walk in Jackson Park (Chicago, September 16). We are forming a dedicated group of walkers to raise money to support our food pantry. We would love you to join us for the event. Everyone is welcome to join our team - from experienced walkers to those still in strollers. Take a stand against hunger and walk with us. This year, all walkers must be registered by Monday August 28, 2017. You can fundraise until the time of the walk, but must be registered by 8/28/17.
The Greater Chicago Food Depository will provide shirts and “bibs” to our team in early September. I will have them for you the day of the walk. You need to bring the “bib” to the Welcome entrance of the walk to get credit for walking. There is a chip in the “bib” that will register when you cross the line. There will be no sign in stations or shirt distributions at the site- which should make this much less confusing.
We are arranging for a bus (or more than one bus if needed) to take walkers to Jackson Park. At this time, I do not have the time we will be meeting at Lutheran Church of the Cross. However, in the past, it has been quite early (7 A.M.). I will keep you posted as this information is confirmed.
If you are interested in joining our team- follow the steps outlined below.
1. Go to the hunger walk website at www.chicagosfoodbank.org/hungerwalk
2. Click on the “Register “button- it is orange.
3. Click on the “join a team” button.
4. Enter our team name- "Lutheran Church of the Cross" in the search bar.
5. Our name should appear with our agency number (A011998). Click on the name.
6. We are a GCFS member agency, so add the amount of walkers you are registering by clicking the add sign by GCFD member agency. Once you add the number of walkers that you are registering, an orange “register” button will light up in the lower right corner. Click on the register button.
7. Next it will ask you to fill in the walkers name and contact information, as well as ask you to check off the waiver for the walk. Then click “next”
8. The next page will ask you for a donation. You may add a donation or skip the donation at this time. Follow the remaining prompts to complete registration.
Once you are registered, you will get your own fundraising page. This page will assist you in setting a goal for fundraising, give you templates to help ask for donations, and track your progress. While you do not have to donate or solicit donations to join our team, any money raised through your fundraising page will be credited to our food pantry. The Depository will add additional funds when we reach certain fundraising platforms- so any donation will be greatly appreciated. We will receive $12 per walker just for walking. I believe that if we work together as a team, we can reach any goal we set.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. On behalf of Lutheran Church of the Cross, I would like to thank you for your support of our food pantry.
***If you are unable to walk, but would like to make a donation, please go to www.chicagosfoodbank.org/hungerwalk and click on the donate tab. Enter Lutheran Church of the Cross in the search bar, and follow remaining prompts to make a donation. Thank you for your support!